Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving... early

No this post isn't about eating a yummy turkey dinner early.  I am looking forward to that though!  I think the baby has dropped enough that even if I am still pregnant I will still be able to eat a healthy portion of Thanksgiving dinner.  Two weeks ago I was barely nibbling on food for each meal because it was so uncomfortable to eat a lot.  Anyway... this post is about something that I am thankful for. 

I am THANKFUL for generous people.  I think I had mentioned previously that we have been given a lot of stuff.  Even though a few posts ago I was whining about how expensive babies are we've really had it pretty easy.  My sisters had a collection of maternity clothes going that were passed to me and a few other friends have donated maternity clothes so that I've hardly had to buy anything in that department.  Just yesterday someone stopped me and asked where to buy maternity clothes for a petite person.  She was disappointed when I had to tell her honestly that most of my clothes were hand-me-downs.  I am THANKFUL for the maternity clothes I was given.

I have been given TONS of baby clothes, both hand-me-downs and things from my baby shower.  The only clothing I've bought were just things that I saw and said, "That is soooo cute!" and I had to get it, not that I really needed to buy anything else.  I am THANKFUL to have so many cute clothes to put on my baby. 

We were given several larger items as well such as a car seat, a stroller, a beautiful crib, a bouncy seat, a swing, a pack n play, a stairs gate, even a grocery cart seat cover!  I am sure I am forgetting something in this list but seriously, we have been given a lot.  I am THANKFUL for all of these awesome items that we have been given.

It seems that if we just "hold out long enough" someone will eventually offer us whatever we need.  That happened again today.  I've been debating and debating on whether or not to get a bassinet.  I had never mentioned my debate to anyone but I got an email this afternoon saying someone knew someone who was giving theirs away and wondered if I might want it... I am so THANKFUL for generous people!

Oh and Mr. Obama gave me something too...a free electric breast pump.  Thank you!

May your week be filled with Thanksgiving!

39 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment